Saturday, January 9, 2016

Bosses

Zelda bosses are fun. Most of the time. I think bosses have to be properly challenging and enjoyable(duh.)  If a boss is too easy or too hard, it is no longer enjoyable. Take Morpheel(water temple, Twilight Princess) for example, it's pretty fun to grapple on to him(I'm assuming it's male) and repeatedly stabbing  the eye on his back, but it's not challenging. It's not easy to get hurt by him; he just swims around, he doesn't even chase you. To stick with Twilight princess for a bit, I think Stalord(Arbiter's Grounds) is awesome! First phase, spews out harmful-purple stuff and you have to avoid it AS WELL as the undead soldiers that spawn every where. THEN there's the second phase where you have to leap from rail to rail, avoiding giant fireballs then you crash into his face. Fun. My very favorite boss that I've battled so far is Klokotos(Ancient Cistern, Skyward Sword.) I died the first time a battled him but after I got the hang of it, it was AWESOME! Using his giant swords do destroy him was truly satisfying. It was plenty challenging too! like I said, I died the first time I fought him. He flings boomerang-battleaxes and undead Bocoblins, not to mention the Zantish spin attack with six enormous swords!
Feel free to comment your favorite Zelda boss and what you think makes a boss fun!

3 comments:

  1. My favorite boss is you because you're so good at Zelda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that you're on to something with the challenge. Sometimes a game is too difficult for it to be satisfying, but generally it's better to err on the side of too challenging than on the side of too easy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Zelda! We have "Zelda parties" at our house, where we get pizza and everybody sits in the playroom and has me play while they all tell me what to do! It's fun. But I will say, I have to just assume I'm going to die on every boss. If I just accept that I'm going to die once, that gives me the chance to figure out how to beat it, and I can (usually) beat it on the second try. Although, the other day I was playing and I think I died 7 times!! Sheesh. So apparently, I need to you fly out here and teach me a thing or two. :D
    -Your Aunt Laura

    ReplyDelete